WWE Hall of Famer ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin has been heavily featured on the advertising for this year’s WrestleMania event in Dallas, Texas, with many expecting him to host the two night event.
However, it may end up being more than that, as Fightful Select (subscription required) is reporting that WWE have made an overture for the Texas Rattlesnake to wrestle a match in Dallas.
Fightful has reached out to WWE in an official capacity, but they haven’t been given any concrete information. Those asked within WWE had a range of responses, from being coy, to assuming it will happen. Fightful notes that, at the very least, Austin is expected for a physical role.
No potential opponent for Steve Austin has been named, but on tonight’s (February 14) episode of Raw, Kevin Owens cut a promo on how much he hates Texas and Texans, and he uses the Stunner, so…
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Retiring AEW Name Thanks Company For ‘Beautiful Ending’
- AEW’s Andrade El Idolo Reacts To Charlotte Flair WWE Return
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London
- AEW Star Doesn’t Feel CM Punk Is As Toxic As Everybody Thinks He Is