Jerry Lawler was set to host the King’s Court with Sasha Banks on Raw tonight, but before he could welcome Sasha out, the Fiend struck once again.
The lights went down, and Lawler recognized the threat and ran up to the stage. This didn’t stop the Fiend though, as he just walked up behind Lawler and choked him with the Mandible claw.
There's no escape from #TheFiend for @JerryLawler on #RAW!
— WWE (@WWE) August 20, 2019
WWE has issued a storyline update on Lawler’s condition:
As Jerry “The King” Lawler prepared to interview Sasha Banks on a special edition of “The King’s Court” this week on Raw, “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt emerged for the first time since SummerSlam to attack the WWE Hall of Famer with the Mandible Claw. Lawler reportedly left the arena under supervision following the incident.
In addition to defeating Finn Bálor at SummerSlam, The Fiend has repeatedly targeted WWE Hall of Famers, incapacitating Kurt Angle, Mick Foley and now Lawler with the nerve hold that Foley himself made famous.
This follows some concerns after the Fiend wasn’t on TV last week that maybe he would only be sporadically used, and some changes may be made to his character.
If tonight was anything to go by, that doesn’t seem to be the case.
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023
- The Rock Shares Condolences To Iron Sheik’s Family: ‘Rest In Power, Uncle Sheiky’
- Kris Statlander Retains TBS Championship, AEW Rampage To Feature Big Women’s Match