A top WWE star has commented on bringing their competitive mindset to the company.
Even before her signing with WWE, Bianca Belair has long been a premier athlete during her collegiate career at Tennessee. Belair earned All-SEC and All-American honors during her college days.
Since then, “The E.S.T. of WWE” has continued her success with various accomplishments, such as being the reigning Raw Women’s Champion.
In a new interview with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated, Belair explained how she brought her competitive mindset to WWE.
“In track and field, your biggest competition is yourself. You could finish fifth in a race, but as long as you PR, that’s all that matters. That’s a mindset I brought with me to WWE. I’m a competitor.”
“That was instilled in me from a very young age from my parents. My dad was my coach, and he’s an extremely hard-working person. I watched my brother, and he’s the reason why I got into sports.”
“We were taught to go over and beyond. Every time I’m training, I know I need to go harder than everyone else. That goes for the gym, sewing my gear, studying film, everything. I always want to give 110%.”
In regards to her participation in the Women’s War Games match, Belair said:
“Your biggest competition is yourself. That’s why I’m working to be the absolute best version of myself. I’m going to do whatever it takes to be at my best at WarGames.”
Bianca Belair will team with Asuka, Alexa Bliss, Mia Yim and a mystery partner against Bayley, Dakota Kai, IYO SKY, Nikki Cross and Rhea Ripley in the Women’s War Games match at this Saturday’s Survivor Series event.
For the full lineup for the show, click here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- Report: Worrying Lack Of Fan Interest In WWE Survivor Series WarGames
- The Undertaker Says Current WWE Star Has ‘Never Been A Bigger Star’
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW
- Shocking End To MJF’s First Appearance As AEW World Champion
- Huge Update On William Regal Joining WWE
- Injured AEW Star Returning Soon?
- Another Current Champion In WWE Reaches Impressive Milestone
- Huge Return Kicks Off AEW Dynamite
- New Championship Unveiled On AEW Dynamite