NXT star Tony D’Angelo could be side-lined from television for a little while as he recovers from injury, according to a report.
Tony D’Angelo suffered an injury while facing off against Wes Lee on the September 27 edition of NXT.
The episode was actually pre-taped, meaning that D’Angelo’s injury occurred on September 14.
During the match, D’Angelo ran towards Wes Lee but was tripped and landed face first on the second turnbuckle. The injury wasn’t to D’Angelo’s face, but rather his right knee as it slammed down into the mat when he was tripped.
He was checked by ringside attendants, who determined that he was unable to continue with the match.
According to Dave Meltzer, speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio:
“From what I understand, it’s not that bad in the sense that I don’t think it’s major surgery or anything. I’ve heard he’ll be back sooner than you would think, but he is hurt.”
By winning the match by referee stoppage, Lee joined Oro Mensah and Carmelo Hayes in the five-man NXT North American Championship Ladder Match which will take place at the upcoming Halloween Havoc premium live event.
For more information about NXT stars’ win/loss records for 2022, check out WrestleTalk’s stats page.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Rumored New WWE Signing Vacates Championship
- Dolph Ziggler First Post-WWE Match Confirmed
- AEW Star Calls Out Triple H Following Controversial WWE Affiliate Comment
- Top WWE Star Pulled From Shows After Legitimate Injury
- AEW Star Responds To Claim They Were Punished For Social Media Conduct
- WWE Star Lexis King Reacts To Fans Calling Themselves ‘Lex Offenders’
- WWE Star Going ‘Back To The Drawing Board’
- CM Punk To Make Big WWE Announcement
- TNA Wrestling Departure Confirmed
- Dominik Mysterio Blacks Out Social Media Following Title Loss