There has been an update on the condition of Anthony Ogogo following his injury ahead of AEW Double or Nothing on Sunday.
It was previously reported that Ogogo had suffered a broken rib while training for his match with Cody Rhodes. Ogogo has since clarified that his rib is not broken, and his Double or Nothing match is still on.
The former boxer took to Twitter to confirm that he was fighting fit. Stating that he’s ready for war, Ogogo tweeted:
“Just got the report back, rib ain’t broken. Ready for war. See you tomorrow at the weigh-in piss boy Flag of United Kingdom #theguvnor #DoubleOrNothing #AEWDynamite”
Ogogo signed with AEW in October 2019 as the promotion’s first developmental talent. He began appearing as a guest commentator for AEW Dark in late 2020, before attacking Rhodes in March.
The former boxer is currently undefeated in AEW, defeating Cole Karter and Austin Gunn ahead of Double or Nothing.
Earlier this month, Rhodes cut an “American Dream” promo that has received mixed reviews. Rhodes has since clarified the intent behind the controversial words.
Kenny Omega will defend his AEW World Championship at Double or Nothing. Orange Cassidy and PAC will both challenge Omega for the gold in a three-way match.
Double or Nothing airs on Fite this Sunday at 8pm ET.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Current NXT Star To Join WWE Main Roster Faction Soon?
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time