An update has emerged on Vince McMahon’s plans for WWE WrestleMania 39, following speculation caused by advertisements for July’s Money in the Bank Premium Live Event.
During WrestleMania Backlash, Cody Rhodes featured in a Money in the Bank promo video, stating that the annual ladder matches will give stars the opportunity to main-event WrestleMania.
While this is technically true with the established rules of the briefcase providing winners with a guaranteed title shot at a time of their choosing, some theorised that WWE has changed the ladder match prize entirely.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, a source has noted that WWE and Vince McMahon already have plans for top matches at WrestleMania 39, and that these plans do not include the Money in the Bank winners in the top title matches:
“The only direct company word regarding that question was there is nothing definitive either way. Another person said that Vince has plans already in place for the top matches at Mania and the winners of MITB in the title matches wouldn’t be that, although that commercial aired three times without an edit.”
While this line could imply that the stars planned to win briefcases won’t be champion by WrestleMania 39, it seems that the only actual indication is that the Money in the Bank contracts won’t be ‘cashed in’ to redeem a title shot in the headline matches of the event.
WrestleMania 39 will once again air across two nights, taking place on April 1 & 2, 2023 from California’s SoFi Stadium.
Stay up to date with WWE TV win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
- WATCH Fight Break Out Between Fan And Wrestler Joe Black At Independent Show
- IMPACT Wrestling Taping SPOILERS & A Famous Faction Returns
- William Regal Compares Putting Over AEW Star Danhausen To Past WWE Comedy
- PROGRESS World Championship Declared Vacant at Chapter 134 Event
- AEW Dark: Elevation Stacked Card Includes ROH Women’s Championship Match
- NXT Tag Team Titles Match For In Your House Event Announced
- NJPW Capital Collision Results: New IWGP United States Champion & AEW Stars Appear
- PROGRESS 134: No Mountain High Enough SPOILERS – Major Challenge Issued For Strong Style Weekend
- Reason Behind Chris Jericho Keeping Judas After His Heel Turn Revealed
- Paige Has A Suggestion For Ronda Rousey