There have been reports that WWE will be making more NXT call-ups soon, and we now know exactly what Vince McMahon is looking for.
According to Ringside News, which has had many of its reports confirmed by the likes of Fightful and Dave Meltzer in recent times, Vince McMahon is specifically “looking for personalities”, and is “not looking for wrestlers”.
The report states that the question McMahon always asks is, “What’s the character?”, but also “if the character is very real, or if the character is outlandish, (it) doesn’t matter”, but that’s what he’s interested in.
The most recent call-up seems to be an example of this with Rick Boogs (formerly Eric Bugenhagen) being brought up to SmackDown and being paired with Shinsuke Nakamura a few weeks ago.
There have also been reports that NXT UK’s Piper Niven will be debuting on Raw alongside Eva Marie, which could happen in a matter of days as it’s been announced that Marie will be appearing in person on the next episode.
Theoretically, McMahon is supposed to give Triple H a six-month warning before he takes people from the NXT roster, but also, he’s Vince McMahon, so that doesn’t always happen.
- WWE Raw Live Results – May 23, 2022
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE Raw Revealed
- Hulk Hogan Leaked As Shock Ric Flair Return Match Opponent?
- Cody Rhodes Comments On Upcoming AEW Double Or Nothing PPV
- Kyle O’Reilly Reveals When His AEW Contract Expires
- Clarification On Exactly When Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out Of Last Week’s WWE Raw
- Swerve Strickland Confirms Tag Team Name With Keith Lee
- Jake Roberts ‘So Scared’ Of Losing Friendship With WWE Hall Of Famer
- Another Scrapped Name For Sheamus, Ridge Holland & Butch WWE Faction Revealed?
- AEW Double Or Nothing To Be Shown In Select Cinemas