There have been reports that WWE will be making more NXT call-ups soon, and we now know exactly what Vince McMahon is looking for.
According to Ringside News, which has had many of its reports confirmed by the likes of Fightful and Dave Meltzer in recent times, Vince McMahon is specifically “looking for personalities”, and is “not looking for wrestlers”.
The report states that the question McMahon always asks is, “What’s the character?”, but also “if the character is very real, or if the character is outlandish, (it) doesn’t matter”, but that’s what he’s interested in.
The most recent call-up seems to be an example of this with Rick Boogs (formerly Eric Bugenhagen) being brought up to SmackDown and being paired with Shinsuke Nakamura a few weeks ago.
There have also been reports that NXT UK’s Piper Niven will be debuting on Raw alongside Eva Marie, which could happen in a matter of days as it’s been announced that Marie will be appearing in person on the next episode.
Theoretically, McMahon is supposed to give Triple H a six-month warning before he takes people from the NXT roster, but also, he’s Vince McMahon, so that doesn’t always happen.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins