UPDATE – Major changes had to be made to tonight’s Raw, but not because of Vince McMahon, find out more at this link.
Last week’s Raw after WrestleMania 39 show was, in many ways, a nightmare for the company, and not the American kind that lost in the main event of WrestleMania.
Vince McMahon was backstage at the show less than 24 hours after the company’s sale to Endeavor and merger with the UFC was announced.
The show was ‘firmly’ run by McMahon, with many late rewrites taking place, leading to a major hit to backstage morale.
However, Vince was not at SmackDown last week in Portland, which had many WWE stars wondering what exactly the future held in regards to his involvement.
McMahon’s absence led to a major upswing in morale, with most taking a ‘wait and see’ approach, as Vince had reportedly had plans for Friday prior to the news of the WWE-Endeavor sale.
However, in an update from tonight’s Raw show in Seattle (per Dave Meltzer), McMahon is NOT backstage at the show, so it will once again be run by Paul Levesque.
The show is set to feature a Women’s Tag Team Championship match with Becky Lynch and Lita defending against Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez.
Vince isn't at Raw live in Seattle.
— Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) April 10, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?