For the first time since his monumental win at WWE Super Show-Down, new WWE Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Murphy appeared on 205 Live. He praised his “training partner” Tony Nese for following up the ‘Juggernaut’s win over Cedric Alexander with one of his own and looked forward to the fatal-five-way later in the night.
With a huge main event lying in wait, the format for this week’s show was a little different, only showcasing two matches.
Drew Gulak vs. Akira Tozawa
This was a solid opener and did what was intended which was to simply continue the feud between Gulak’s cabinet and their former stablemate, The Brian Kendrick. Tozawa was no easy opponent for Gulak as the two had a very balanced match with some brilliantly unique spots.
Following a huge shining wizard from Tozawa, the action spilled to the outside where the Japanese star took out both Gulak and Jack Gallagher. With the match seemingly won, however, the Englishman knocked Tozawa from the top rope, causing the DQ.
A beatdown ensued before Kendrick ruan down to make the save. Whether he and Tozawa will now unite is unclear but an alliance was made, for now at least.
- Drake Maverick congratulates Buddy Murphy and Murphy congratulates Tony Nese, both for beating Cedric Alexander.
- Mike & Maria Kanellis cut a promo on wanting to shake up the division and take the title. Mike Kanellis vs. Lince Dorado announced for next week.
- Hideo Itami cuts a promo in Japanese and then English announcing that he will end Mustafa Ali in their match next week.
- Mustafa Ali cuts an incredibly cool promo in the rain, tell Itami that the road he is on is a dangerous one and that their next encounter with be a Falls Count Anywhere match.
Cedric Alexander vs. Lio Rush vs. TJP vs. Gran Metalik vs. Tony Nese
This was simply phenomenal. All five men are at the top of their game and made sure everyone watching knew it. 205 Live was just put on the map by Alexander and Murphy’s championship match at WWE Super Show-Down so it’s no surprise that big-time matches such as a fatal-five-way have been made for the weeks following.
Not only was this match filled to the brim with amazing spots and unique encounters, it was absolutely stacked with storyline progression, proving once again that you don’t need to be slow or “methodical” to tell a story.
The TJP vs. Lucha House Party feud continued with the ‘Cruisergreat’ attempting to remove Metalik’s mask. Nese and Alexander continued their feud after the ‘Premier Athlete’ beat him last week. Rush made his mark among the main eventers and got a huge “Lio” chant from the crowd.
It all came to a close as Alexander caught Rush in a fantastic Lumbar Check but was pulled into a roll-up by Nese who grabbed another win over the former WWE Cruiserweight Champion. This was simply a brilliant main event and has opened many doors for future bouts.
What did you make of this week’s 205 Live? Let us know in the comments.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- Jon Moxley Has High Praise For Surprising AEW Star
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver