The WWE Japan website will reportedly be closed later this week, following the dissolution of a Japanese WWE division earlier this month.
A notice of closure was posted on the official WWE Japan website on September 21, stating that the site will be shut down on Friday:
As of September 24th, the WWE Japan official website (wwe.co.jp) will be closed. We will continue to deliver WWE information in Japanese from the following SNS accounts.
WWE Japanese Official Twitter
WWE Japanese Official Instagram
WWE Japanese Official Facebook
As a result, the contact point for inquiries in Japanese will also be closed. We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding and understanding.
Thank you for your patronage over the years.
We look forward to your continued enjoyment of WWE.
On September 2, Japanese publication Game Biz reported that that the WWE Japan GK division has been disbanded. The Public Notice of Dissolution published in the government bulletin revealed that investors agreed to the dissolution.
WWE was forced to cancel their 2020 and 2021 Japan tours due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The company last hosted events in Japan in June 2019.
In other international WWE news, Sony Pictures Networks India, home to WWE programming, will soon merge with Zee Entertainment Enterprises, as per Deadline.
India is a key territory for WWE, with the company previously reporting that the January Superstar Spectacle event was watched by over 20 million people in India alone.
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy