Earlier on this week, 16-time World Champion John Cena told Sports Illustrated in an interview that he will be unable to make WrestleMania 37 as he is filming a series for HBO Max in Vancouver, Canada.
Cena said that because of the current quarantine regulations in place between the US and Canada, it will be “mathematically impossible” for him to appear at WrestleMania 37, as filming for the show would be disrupted.
However, speaking on the After The Bell podcast, Friday Night SmackDown commentator Corey Graves says that he doesn’t buy that Cena is going to be missing the marquee pay-per-view in April:
“I don’t buy it. Because it should be John Cena at WrestleMania in some capacity. There’s a lot of truth to what he’s saying, it makes sense, I understand it. But there’s also a guy as recent as the Royal Rumble last year told everybody he’s not coming back under any circumstance. Yeah, Edge, the guy who just won the Royal Rumble did the same thing.”
Some have speculated that WWE will be able to find a way to get John Cena at the show, as we have seen examples of athletes and actors being granted quarantine exemptions over the last few weeks/months.
Thanks to Wrestling Inc for the transcription.