CM Punk made his return to professional wrestling after seven years back on August 20, 2021, when he debuted for All Elite Wrestling at the AEW Rampage First Dance show.
Punk wrestled his first match for the company at All Out that year, defeating Darby Allin in his first match in seven years.
Fastforward to today, and Punk’s future in AEW is up in the air following his suspension from the company after the now infamous All Out media scrum last year.
With Punk’s AEW future in question, fans have speculated about whether or not a return to WWE for Punk could still happen.
WWE Hall of Famer Road Dogg, who currently serves as WWE’s Senior Vice President of Live Events, spoke about a potential Punk return to WWE on his ‘Oh You Didn’t Know’ podcast.
Road Dogg said that WWE will give anyone an opportunity if it’s business savvy, and that Punk is needle mover.
“Never say never with these guys. They will give you a second chance.
“[WWE] will give you an opportunity if it’s business savvy, and bringing him back might be. The reason it might be is because he’s a needle mover.”
CM Punk recently shared a photo of him returning to the gym for the first time since the injury he suffered during his match at All Out.
transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance