The forbidden door took the wrestling world by storm last year, when stars from AEW, IMPACT, NJPW and others crossed over to create several interpromotional dream matches.
One company that never took part in the Forbidden Door goodness was WWE, but that has changed on tonight’s (January 7) episode of SmackDown.
On the show, WWE revealed many names for the 2022 Women’s Royal Rumble match, one of which was former WWE star Mickie James.
It is important to note that James is the current reigning IMPACT Knockouts Champion, which you will know, as WWE made sure to have Pat McAfee mention it on air.
— WWE (@WWE) January 8, 2022
This is the first time WWE has mentioned IMPACT Wrestling on air since April 2018, when Kurt Angle jokingly told Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn that ‘TNA is hiring’, but this is the first time the company has been actively put over by WWE on television.
- WWE Star Seemingly Turning Heel
- Cara Pipia Claims Ashley Massaro Was ‘Threatened’ To Keep Quiet About Alleged Rape, Vince McMahon & Stephanie McMahon Named
- WWE Star Confirms Torn ACL Injury
- Major Hint For WWE SummerSlam 2024 Location
- WWE Tag Team Partners Potentially Splitting Up
- Former WWE Star ‘100%’ Open To Full-Time Return
- Released WWE Stars Tease Potential Stable?
- Absent WWE Star Teases Return After Six Months Away
- WWE Feud Continues After Insults Thrown At Star’s Children
- ‘New Direction’ Planned For WWE Faction