The Triple H era of WWE has seen old faces getting re-signed, old names being gifted back to wrestlers, and we may now have seen a championship being quietly retired.
While there have been a few fans of the WWE 24/7 Championship, it’s fair to say the belt has lost the little charm it had when it was first introduced in 2019, and something on last night’s (August 29) episode of Raw appears to suggest it may be gone for good.
During the Women’s Tag Team Championship tournament final which saw Aliyah and Raquel Rodriguez defeat Dakota Kai and IYO SKY, Nikki A.S.H, Doudrop, Tamina and Dana Brooke were all shown backstage watching the TV at a stupid angle.
Dana Brooke is the current 24/7 Champion, and has carried the belt with her wherever she goes, but as you can see from the below screenshot, the belt is nowhere to be seen.
Of course this is not a confirmation that the belt has been retired, but until now, Dana has carried the belt everywhere.
Triple H has done his best to try and stamp out some of the damage Vince McMahon inflicted on the WWE product, so perhaps the 24/7 Championship is the latest victim.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- Hilarious Guess From WWE Week On Wheel Of Fortune [VIDEO]
- AEW Star Shares Future Plans After Announcing Departure From Company