This week’s edition of WWE Raw (May 31) saw a big time main event pitting Drew McIntyre against Kofi Kingston, where the winner would face WWE Champion Bobby Lashley at Hell In A Cell.
The show also saw the debut of new lead announcer Jimmy Smith, who was calling the action when Kofi Kingston took a nasty bump onto an LED Light at ringside.
However, it was feared to be more than just “nasty looking”, as Smith has commented that the former WWE Champion was immediately checked on by the ringside WWE crew during the commercial break. Smith was on Busted Open Radio talking about his experience on Raw, making this comment:
“And when Kofi Kingston against Drew McIntyre went over that wall, he literally did catch his leg on the wall and started screaming, and we all went, ‘Oh crap’, you know? They rushed back there to help him get (up) in time for the commercial and he got up, was like, ‘Dude I’m good, let’s go’. Insane. Insane watching it live.”
Luckily Kingston did not receive any major injuries and was able to finish the match as planned, with Drew McIntyre winning and facing Bobby Lashley at Hell In A Cell.
Jimmy Smith’s efforts on his Raw debut were met with praise from his colleagues, as he replaced former announcer Adnan Virk for the show.
Quote via PWTorch
- Bryan Danielson AEW Rampage Injury A Work?
- Truth Behind Naomi WWE Walk Out Revealed?
- Jimmy Uso Shares Support For Naomi And Sasha Banks
- Serena Deeb Shoots Hard On WWE In Heated AEW Dynamite Promo
- Stephanie McMahon To Take Leave Of Absence From WWE
- Several WWE Stars Support Nash Carter Following Controversial Release
- Shocking Statistic About Thunder Rosa AEW Women’s Championship Run
- Update On Johnny Elite’s AEW Status Following Dynamite Debut
- Road Dogg Believes There’s No Money In Wrestling
- Anthony Bowens Claims He Was Taken Off Dynamite In Cryptic Tweet