There have been many dream matches discussed by fans involving The Undertaker. One of the more popular ones in recent years has been a match against “The Demon” Finn Balor.
Unfortunately, it seems this match was never close to happening. Balor recently spoke on the What’s The Story? podcast, where he revealed that a match between him and The Phenom was never discussed internally. Here is the quote, courtesy of Fightful:
“It has been discussed, but more from a media standpoint, like a dream match that people want. I hear a lot about it from media sources asking me about it. I haven’t heard anything internally. That’s not to say the office hasn’t been pitching the idea. Maybe if it was two years ago, but nothing was ever concrete and no one ever came to me and said, ‘You’re going to be fighting The Undertaker.’ There’s always the possibility of anything can happen, but nothing was ever said and I was never officially told anything.”
The Undertaker had his retirement ceremony in 2020 and while he has retired before, this does appear to be the end of his career.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Killer Kross Scrapped AEW Plans Revealed
- Corey Graves ‘Toned Down’ What WWE Wanted Him To Say About Sasha Banks & Naomi
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- AEW Star Ethan Page Wants More Ring & Microphone Time In AEW
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- Sonny Kiss To Join ‘The Baddies’ Faction In AEW?
- Jack Evans ‘Super Disappointed’ About Match With Kenny Omega