WWE has been known to make, shall we say, interesting choices for names for their call-ups from the NXT Universe. The most recent call-up was Piper Niven who was known as Viper on the independent scene.
Recently, it was reported that WWE had trademarked the name Doudrop and the rumors were this was going to be Niven’s new name. Well, it’s a rumor no more. WWE has officially announced her as Doudrop as part of their promotional emails that went out to hype tonight’s WWE Raw.
As you can see, WWE actually labeled her Doudrop in the email image. However, when WWE took to Twitter to hype the show, they still referred to her as the mysterious woman who accompanied Eva Marie last night.
— WWE (@WWE) June 21, 2021
WWE has a history of not always communicating everything between departments. It will be interesting to see if WWE commentary checked their emails and actually know her name tonight. Last week, they weren’t able to identify Niven who’s been in the company for a few years.
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future
- Powerhouse Hobbs & More AEW Stars React To Jade Cargill Joining WWE