WWE Elimination Chamber is this weekend and one of the matches in the chamber is for the WWE Championship currently held by Drew McIntyre. The match was all set and the six competitors were named.
However, tonight, on WWE Raw, one of the superstars previously announced removed himself from the match. The Miz has decided to take himself out of the match.
He explained on Raw he would use the Money in the Bank Briefcase to cash in at the perfect time. Basically, he’s going to watch and insert himself in the match at the right time to gain the title.
"I'm removing myself from the Elimination Chamber Match!" – @mikethemiz
Mr. #MITB refuses to go through with #WWEChamber when he has a guaranteed opportunity!#WWERaw pic.twitter.com/64djSZltCf
— WWE (@WWE) February 16, 2021
Inserting himself into the match after someone has gone through the brutality of the match makes a lot of sense. Of course, if he does it before the final elimination, he would then have to defend it for the remainder of the match I would assume.
As of the writing of this article, no replacement had been named. However, be sure to stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for updates on this breaking story.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence
- AEW Star Says Cody Rhodes’ WWE Push Made Them ‘Reevalutate’ Future
- CM Punk Comments On Rey Mysterio & Dominik WrestleMania Feud
- Potential Spoiler On Edge WrestleMania Plans?
- Celebrity Training For WWE In-Ring Return
- WWE Name Criticizes ‘Childish’ CM Punk Instagram Post
- Roman Reigns To Hit Huge Milestone Ahead Of WrestleMania 39