An update has emerged on the status of Bandido, following recent offers from WWE and AEW.
Following Bandido’s match against Chris Jericho on the September 28 edition of Dynamite, the popular luchador was offered an AEW contract.
Bandido recently confirmed that he’s still in talks with AEW, but revealed that WWE had also reached out to him and sent him a contract offer.
Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Bandido is ‘leaning towards AEW’. Following recent contract news, Meltzer noted that he feels that AEW would announce Bandido’s signing shortly after he’d put pen to paper, rather than waiting to make the announcement, like the promotion did with Jon Moxley’s contract extension.
AEW has confirmed several signings recently, with Renee Paquette officially joining the promotion, following reports that WWE believed she was AEW-bound.
Bandido has been a standout performer on the world independent scene for over a decade, notably holding gold for ROH, PWG, PROGRESS and more.
Chris Jericho recently admitted that with his recent match against Bandido, it was his goal to get the Mexican star an AEW deal.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Triple H ‘Not Certain’ About Finish To Huge WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring