It has been reported that ahead of the WWE Holiday Tour, and the WWE Day 1 pay-per-view, a number of talents have reportedly tested positive for COVID-19.
PWInsider now reports that as of yesterday afternoon (December 22), WWE still plans for tour dates in the US to take place. A WWE source reportedly noted that there has been a lot of calls and “a lot of running around” during this whole ordeal.
If a talent cannot perform by the time the Holiday Tour begins, WWE will work on alternative line-ups for the upcoming house shows. In a worst case scenario, NXT talents could be called in to fill up the undercard, as per the report.
It has also been reported that WWE is hoping that the January 1 WWE Day 1 pay-per-view is far enough away that anybody who recently tested positive will still be able to compete during the Atlanta show.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Major WWE Star Confirmed To Be ‘Free Agent’
- More WWE Departures Confirmed
- Identities Of Several WWE Departures Confirmed
- Bryan Danielson Discusses CM Punk’s AEW Departure & WWE Return
- Absent WWE Stars Expected At SmackDown
- Another Tease For Major WWE Signing?
- CM Punk Next WWE Appearance Date Announced
- AEW Star Says Last Few Months Of Creative Have Been ‘Frustrating’
- WWE Star Makes Decision After Major ‘Bidding War’