It has been reported that ahead of the WWE Holiday Tour, and the WWE Day 1 pay-per-view, a number of talents have reportedly tested positive for COVID-19.
PWInsider now reports that as of yesterday afternoon (December 22), WWE still plans for tour dates in the US to take place. A WWE source reportedly noted that there has been a lot of calls and “a lot of running around” during this whole ordeal.
If a talent cannot perform by the time the Holiday Tour begins, WWE will work on alternative line-ups for the upcoming house shows. In a worst case scenario, NXT talents could be called in to fill up the undercard, as per the report.
It has also been reported that WWE is hoping that the January 1 WWE Day 1 pay-per-view is far enough away that anybody who recently tested positive will still be able to compete during the Atlanta show.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
- Record Numbers For WrestleMania 39 Ticket Sales
- Hikaru Shida Bringing Championship Back To AEW From Japan
- AEW Stars Planned For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- WWE Backstage Budget Cuts Having Big Effect
- Dexter Lumis Jumps The Barricade During United States Championship Clash
- Real Reason For Big Increase In AEW Rampage Viewership
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Return From Leave Of Absence
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- Sasha Banks And Naomi Appear Together At She-Hulk Premiere
- Young Bucks Continue To Tease Identity Of Mystery Partner