Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar will be the main event of next weekend’s SummerSlam show in Tennessee, but you’d be forgiven for forgetting this, given how little the match has actually been built up on TV.
According to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the “interesting” plan for the main event has been to keep Lesnar and Roman apart from each other. Absence makes the main event grow fonder?
Roman and Brock have not been on the same show for the whole of July, and unless something changes, they aren’t planned to be on the same show at all before SummerSlam.
Writing in the Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer said:
The interesting main event strategy is that aside from the angle shot when Lesnar returned and laid out Reigns, it has been to keep the two apart. Unless plans change, the two will not be on the same [show] in the entire last month of the build. Lesnar is advertised for Smackdown on 7/22 in Boston and 7/29 in Atlanta. Reigns is only advertised this week for the 7/25 Raw show in Madison Square Garden. One would think they would have Reigns in Atlanta for the Smackdown go-home show. Not only is he not advertised but as of a few times ago he was not planned for that show.
Maybe Roman and Brock are just so cross with each other that they can’t stand being near each other right now.
The winner of the match will be the Undisputed Universal Champion, but perhaps not for long, as many assume Theory will attempt to cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase.
- Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite & Star Sent Home
- Big Match Scrapped From October 7 AEW Rampage
- Report: Popular AEW Star ‘Trying To Get Fired’
- Wrestling World Reacts To Alleged Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite
- AEW Star Has Very Awkward Encounter With CM Punk T-Shirt
- Update On Investigation Into AEW All Out Backstage Fight
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Saraya Gets Physical For First Time In Four Years On AEW Dynamite
- Sammy Guevara AEW Dynamite Status Update Following Backstage Altercation
- Liv Morgan Says She Will Be In The MCU