Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar will be the main event of next weekend’s SummerSlam show in Tennessee, but you’d be forgiven for forgetting this, given how little the match has actually been built up on TV.
According to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the “interesting” plan for the main event has been to keep Lesnar and Roman apart from each other. Absence makes the main event grow fonder?
Roman and Brock have not been on the same show for the whole of July, and unless something changes, they aren’t planned to be on the same show at all before SummerSlam.
Writing in the Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer said:
The interesting main event strategy is that aside from the angle shot when Lesnar returned and laid out Reigns, it has been to keep the two apart. Unless plans change, the two will not be on the same [show] in the entire last month of the build. Lesnar is advertised for Smackdown on 7/22 in Boston and 7/29 in Atlanta. Reigns is only advertised this week for the 7/25 Raw show in Madison Square Garden. One would think they would have Reigns in Atlanta for the Smackdown go-home show. Not only is he not advertised but as of a few times ago he was not planned for that show.
Maybe Roman and Brock are just so cross with each other that they can’t stand being near each other right now.
The winner of the match will be the Undisputed Universal Champion, but perhaps not for long, as many assume Theory will attempt to cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase.
- Scrapped Pitch For Sting AEW Retirement Revealed
- Bayley Reacts To Dakota Kai & Damage CTRL WWE Betrayal
- Potential WWE Signing Recalls Conversations With Shawn Michaels
- AEW Star Contract Expiry Update
- WWE Star Praises AEW’s Sting For Going Out On His Own Terms
- AEW Star Set For Return Match Against Brother
- Details On WWE Star’s Role In Upcoming Movie
- Cody Rhodes Sends Message To Sting Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement
- Former AEW Star’s WWE Return Match Announced
- Sting’s Son Shares Emotional Message Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement Match