One of the big selling points about AEW for the average wrestling fan is the fact that, when it comes to its title scene, it can forge its own legacy.
The AEW World Championship has, for the most part, had a pretty solid lineage; there’s no Jinder Mahal to contend with, no Orton/Cena hot potato, nobody who was convicted of some terrible crime.
That’s why it’s so important for the company to be selective about its world champions going forward; to really think long and hard about who they want to give that honor to while it still feels unique and special.
With that in mind, here are seven AEW stars who we believe could become world champion in 2023:
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?