Former WWE star Aiden English (real name Matthew Rehwoldt) took to Twitter and Twitch earlier this week, to announce that he believes 2022 will be his last year as an in-ring competitor.
Rehwoldt noted that he is available for bookings, and hopes to make the most out of his last year in the ring, including taking part in a Ladder match and going through a table.
Rehwoldt is currently providing colour commentary for the NJPW Strong shows, as well as appearing for IMPACT Wrestling.
Rehwoldt worked on commentary for 205 Live during his final year in WWE, before being released back in April 2020.
2022 is likely my last year as an in ring competitor.
Talking about it now live on Twitch.
— Matthew Rehwoldt (@DramaKingMatt) February 9, 2022
I’ve been in wrestling 10+ years and I’ve never been through a table and never been in a ladder match…
I’d like to change that before I’m done…
— Matthew Rehwoldt (@DramaKingMatt) February 8, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- Spoiler On WWE Star Set To ‘Shine’ On March 20 Raw