AEW star Adam Cole has recalled his emotional reaction to his final NXT match, ahead of his WWE departure.
Adam Cole’s WWE contract expired following his match against Kyle O’Reilly NXT TakeOver 36 in August 2021. The former NXT Champion had reportedly signed a contract extension long enough to finish the rivalry.
Speaking on The Kurt Angle Show, Cole noted that he cried both before and after the bout:
“I’m an emotional guy, and I don’t think I’ve ever said this, but I cried like a baby after that match. I’m sitting there, I’m watching this video package before the match, and its pictures of me and Kyle from 2009, and all this Ring of Honor stuff, and us wrestling each other in New Japan, and I know this is my last night at NXT … I was crying before I went out there.”
Cole last wrestled at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door, competing in the fourway match for Jay White’s IWGP World Heavyweight Championship.
It is believed that Cole suffered a ‘very serious’ concussion during the bout.
Stay up to date with every injured AEW star’s expected return dates using our AEW injury tracker.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens To Pay Tribute To Their Past At WrestleMania 39
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Big E Provides Latest Injury Update Amid WrestleMania Rumours