It was revealed yesterday that All Elite Wrestling’s first official show, Double or Nothing, will be broadcast live in the UK on their second largest television channel, ITV. Mere hours later, AEW took to their Twitter account to release some more big news.
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) May 9, 2019
They revealed that the former ECW World Champion “Coach” Jerry Lynn, had signed with the new promotion. Lynn will provide some much-needed experience for AEW, having worked for ECW, WCW, WWE, TNA and ROH throughout his career. He also recently helped out at the WWE Performance Center as a guest trainer.
Dave Meltzer confirmed in the latest Wrestling Observer Radio that Lynn will be an agent/producer for AEW. He will join the likes of Billy Gunn, B.J. Whitmer and Michael Cuellari in working backstage for the company.
Jerry Lynn has history with The Elite. He was involved in the Christopher Daniels vs. Stephen Amell match in September 2018 at All In. It remains to be seen if he will have an on-screen role at Double or Nothing on May, 25.
WrestleTalk Almanac Vol. 2, the ultimate must-have guide to wrestling in 2018 is available for pre-order NOW:
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- Candice LeRae Makes WWE Return On WWE Raw
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- Changes Coming Soon To AEW Television?
- Update On AEW Rampage & WWE SmackDown Going Head To Head
- AEW Battle Of The Belts IV Air Date Revealed
- Further Evidence Of Bray Wyatt Extreme Rules Return?
- Dax Harwood Shares Heartwarming Picture With Daughter On Twitter
- CM Punk Spotted For First Time Since AEW All Out Backstage Fight (Photo)