All Elite Wrestling (AEW) could be about to introduce another new championship after the announcement of Dynamite moving to TBS.
The show will switch stations in January 2022, with another weekly show Rampage set to debut this coming August on Fridays.
Speaking with the Wrestling Observer, Tony Khan confirmed he plans to keep the TNT Championship as it is, but does have other plans too. He said:
“My plan is to keep that TNT title but I have a different Turner idea I think is cool.”
It’s not explicitly clear that this different idea is another championship, but it was said in the same breath so it seems like that could be the case.
In terms of new AEW championships, two that have regularly been rumored are a men’s trios title and a women’s tag team title, with both of those divisions having grown considerably in recent times.
It could of course also be something similar to a championship but not quite the same, like a tournament or something of that nature.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Courting Goldberg For AEW All In?
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing