With a new addition set to debut this week, AEW is interested in two former WWE stars currently on the free agent market.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), there is significant interest in Toni Storm and Athena, formerly known as Ember Moon.
The report says that several talent in All Elite Wrestling outright expect Storm to join the promotion sooner than later with numerous stars pushing for her to be brought in.
In regards to Athena, there have at least been “light talks” between the former NXT Women’s Champion and All Elite Wrestling.
There was a “feeling out” process between the former Ember Moon and AEW, going back as early as when she was first released.
There doesn’t seem to be a sense of urgency to lock Athena down by the company and she has been very selective with her independent bookings so far.
We will have further updates on both Toni Storm and Athena when they become available.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?