A top AEW star has opened up about a feud that they describe as “cursed” following some match spots that went awry.
In 2020, Matt Hardy and Sammy Guevara were locked in a battle that would take them to AEW Full Gear in November of that year.
While the feud had some extreme and entertaining moments, a chair spot would leave Hardy needing thirteen stitches and a fall from a forklift at All Out would probably be the moments that many AEW fans remember.
In a recent episode of The Extreme Life of Matt Hardy, Hardy would address the program, saying:
“We did a lot of really good stuff in that program. It was, almost you know, cursed was a word a lot of people say.”
Hardy would talk specifically about the chair spot and the backstage interaction he had with Guevara, adding:
“The thing he did with the chair, he just quickly overreacted when he threw it at me.
“We went in the back and we squashed it, and it was one of those things that added a lot of momentum to our deal.”
After the incident, it had been reported that unnamed AEW people were “very upset” with Guevara.
On the subject of the table spot, which saw Guevara spear Hardy off a forklift into tables only for one of the tables to be missed on landing, Hardy revealed:
“Sh*t happens. It’s not like it was some terrible tragedy … there was some stuff that we could’ve done a little bit better, but I mean, sometimes it happens in wrestling.”
Matt Hardy recently revealed more details of the upcoming Firm Deletion match, stating it would be “reality based” with cameos.
Sammy Guevara is currently having a great time with MJF as the pair recently colluded to rob Jungle Boy Jack Perry of a chance at the AEW World Championship.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other