An update has emerged on inaugural AEW Women’s World Champion Riho, amid her absence from AEW TV.
Riho last wrestled for AEW in November 2022 during a Dark: Elevation taping. Her match, which saw her team with Willow Nightingale to face off against Emi Sakura & Mei Suruga, aired on the November 14 episode.
Following this, Riho wrestled twice for SPW that November, but hasn’t stepped into a ring since.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Riho is expected to make her return as early as next week, or ‘soon thereafter’.
On her blog, Riho recently revealed that she’s studying to get her driving licence.
Riho was notably AEW’s first women’s champion, defeating Nyla Rose on the debut episode of AEW Dynamite to win the gold on October 2, 2019.
She held the gold for 133 days before dropping the title to Rose in February 2020.
Thunder Rosa recently made her AEW return, joining the Spanish commentary team for the February 8 AEW taping.
Details on the talent meeting that was recently held regarding Rosa can be found right here.
For the latest update on Rosa’s in-ring status, click here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Charlotte Flair Mentions Bella Twins & Mercedes Moné On SmackDown
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Another IMPACT Championship To Be Vacated?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence