Speaking to SK Wrestling, former World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio (aka Alberto El Patron) said that he would be open to returning to the company.
When asked what he’d do if he was offered the chance to return to the company, Del Rio said that he would be thankful for the opportunity and would apologise for his past behaviour while working for the companyA, saying:
“Of course, first of all, I would say thank you. Thank you for the opportunity, and sorry for the mistakes I made. I just didn’t know. Sometimes I would just, I did it because it was personal. Now, as a promoter, I know there is nothing personal in pro wrestling. It’s just business. I’m sorry for my mistakes. No excuse, but I was also going through a difficult time in my life when I got divorced. I lost a fantastic woman, the mother of my children, for my mistakes, and that put me in a deep depression. But that’s just for me to handle. It’s not an excuse. It takes a toll on you and your body, and your mind and your spirit. So, I will say thank you and sorry, and I would do it again.”
Alberto Del Rio’s last match for WWE came on the August 16 episode of SmackDown Live. The Mexican was defeated in singles competition by fellow former WWE Champion John Cena.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- Roman Reigns Status For WWE Extreme Rules Revealed
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Update On Major AEW Stars’ Contract Lengths
- Another WWE Star Expected To Get Old Name Back
- Spoiler For Planned Return On August 12 SmackDown
- Carmelo Hayes Teases Joining Returning Faction On SmackDown
- Update On Cody Rhodes Surgery & WWE Absence
- Report: ‘A Lot Of Uneasiness’ Backstage In NXT UK
- Dave Meltzer Awards Latest 5.5 Star Match