Two-time TNA/IMPACT Tag Team Champion Alex Shelley has addressed his absence from tonight’s Hard To Kill pay-per-view.
Shelley was originally set to team with Rich Swann & Chris Sabin against Kenny Omega, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson, but has been replaced by Moose.
In a video on social media, Shelley said:
“There are certain things in life that are just out of our control and unfortunately, my ability to compete at Hard To Kill has been dropped into that bucket. So, I owe an apology to Chris Sabin, I owe one to Rich Swann, and I owe one to the fans.
“I owe a receipt to the Good Brothers and Kenny Omega. I don’t like getting beat up by you, but I’ve accepted that that’s happened multiple times, and I was looking forward to returning the favor. So, you will get that in the mail, you will keep the yellow copy.
“I assure everyone out there I do not have COVID. I am not orthopedically injured, but in the interest of safety, my situation is a very complex one. I put that first, as does IMPACT management, and they are doing the utmost in terms of precautions to make sure that nobody is at risk at Hard To Kill, or going forward. However, as a transient figure in pro-wrestling, I promise you that I’ll be back in IMPACT. You can count on that.”
Shelley retired from wrestling in June 2018, but returned in July 2019.
Quote via WrestleZone
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25
- Real Reason Top Star Missed AEW Dynamite
- Big Update On Stone Cold Steve Austin WrestleMania 39 Plans?
- WWE Star Responds To Standout AEW Dynamite Performance
- Top WWE Star Says Doctors ‘Aren’t Letting Them Compete’
- Naomi Confirms WWE Departure?
- Rumor Killer On WWE Offering Insane Money To Internet Star