Vince McMahon’s retirement from all roles in WWE, including creative was announced today (July 22), and it is still sending shockwaves throughout the wrestling world.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has provided an update on the situation, noting that with Stephanie McMahon and Nick Khan as the co-CEOs of WWE, there have already been some heavy changes made, but to expect more coming soon.
While Bruce Prichard and Kevin Dunn are set to be in charge of tonight’s SmackDown show in Boston, they also may be facing the preverbal chopping block per the report from Fightful which noted:
“There was a rampant and unconfirmed rumors among talent that they expect Kevin Dunn to be the next to leave…”
It was also noted that the same talent that reportedly noted this likelihood were the same who foretold the departure of John Laurinaitis.
With so much in flux from creative for tonight’s show after Brock Lesnar reportedly walked out to another name that was announced for the show but is reportedly MIA backstage, you can keep up with all the breaking news from WrestleTalk by checking out our homepage for all the latest in wrestling news!
- Intense Dispute As WWE Star Calls Another’s Gimmick ‘Stale’ After Being Accused Of Copying Catchphrase
- Photo: Matt Riddle Shows Off New Look Amid WWE Return Rumors
- NXT Star Confronts Shawn Michaels After Vengeance Day
- WWE Star Confirms Departure From The Company?
- WWE Star Urges Fans To Stop Complaining, Says He’s ‘Content’ With ‘Silly’ Gimmick
- Real Reason For ‘Last Minute’ Change To Ronda Rousey Title Plans
- Top WWE Raw Star To Make NXT Return On February 7 Episode
- Top Star Compares WWE To Succession TV Series
- Backstage Reaction To AEW House Shows
- Booker T Calls Current Star’s Performance “Oscar-Worthy”