Have WWE changed another performer’s in-ring name after a graphic for an upcoming match is notably different than his current moniker?
In backstage segment on tonight’s NXT, Channing “Stacks” Lorenzo approached Wes Lee who was having an interview to challenge him to a match next week.
While Lee obliged, it was a match graphic advertising the bout later that led to eyebrows being raised.
In a graphic for their match next week, Channing “Stacks” Lorenzo was noted as being listed as simply, “Stacks” leading to speculation perhaps his name has changed.
It remains entirely possible that his moniker has not officially changed rather it is just listed that way for the sake of the graphic.
With Tony D’Angelo out with an injury and his former fellow goombah now in All Elite Wrestling, Stacks had an uncertain storyline future before tonight’s backstage segment.
Elsewhere on tonight’s show, a wild edition of the Grayson Waller Effect ended with a wild wheel of stipulations and a bizarre attack by a former main roster star.
Also, a tag team reunited backstage and another fairly recently formed tag team has earned a title shot after besting another top team when their originally scheduled match was changed despite being advertised shortly before the show.
You can keep up with all the news from NXT by clicking here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former WWE Star Makes AEW Debut
- John Cena WWE Return Date Officially Revealed
- WWE Discussing Roman Reigns Working Both Nights WrestleMania 39, Potential Opponents Revealed
- Update On Possible Sasha Banks NJPW Debut Match
- Scrapped MJF Babyface AEW Plans Revealed
- Report: Absent AEW Star Rejected Creative Plans For Return
- Kenny Omega Reacts To WWE Star’s Latest Shot At Him
- New WWE Signings Potentially Revealed, Plans For Reality Show
- WBD ‘Thrilled’ With AEW Dynamite Viewership
- Potential Spoiler For SmackDown December 9 Surprise Appearance