Authors of Pain are reportedly primed to make their in-ring return according to one report although it may not be what you were expecting.
As previously reported, AOP has stated they didn’t have a notable falling out with the company, rather they took time off during the time of highest COVID uncertainty to be with their families.
Speaking to Ango on the issue, Akam said of he and Rezar’s release from WWE:
“At the time, that was the big thing. Nobody really knew. ‘What happened with AOP?’ Nothing, we opted out to stay with family, take care of our family and be home close to them. There was a lot of uncertainty, all across the board. WWE officials, there was uncertainty with what they wanted to do and as far as humans and family men, new had our own uncertainties of what we wanted to do for our families. That’s all it was, there was nothing else to it. We have no ill will towards the company. They booked us good and treated us well. Nothing negative about it.”
Unfortunately for WWE fans, it does not sound as though AOP are returning to their discipleship under Seth Rollins, rather are planning an event of their own.
According to the report on Fightful Select, sources have informed them that Akam and Rezar have reached out to other wrestling talents in regards to a show they are promoting in Dubai in early June with the same sources noting the belief that the duo would be wrestling at the show as well.
Their last match in WWE was March 9, 2020, when teamed with Buddy Murphy and Seth Rollins to defeat The Street Profits and The Viking Raiders.
Transcription via Wrestlingnews.co
The Authors of Pain are planning a return to the ring, Fightful Select has learned.
Both men have been out of action for over two years, and some promoters were told they'd retired.
— Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com (@SeanRossSapp) May 5, 2022
- Matt Riddle Next Move After WWE Release Revealed?
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight
- Exciting Prospect Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- WWE Star Reacts To Tag Team Partner Being Released
- Update On Jey Uso’s WWE Status Following Raw Switch
- Ex-WWE Star To Make In-Ring Return After Five Years Away
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Mandy Rose Now Officially A Free Agent, Reveals Likelihood Of Returning To Wrestling
- Former World Champion Confirms He’ll Be A Free Agent On September 30
- Injured WWE Star Returning To In-Ring Training Soon