A new report has revealed some backstage details behind CM Punk’s AEW return on the Quake By The Lake special of Dynamite.
On the August 10 Quake By The Lake edition of Dynamite, AEW World Champion CM Punk made his return to the company after recovering from foot surgery to make the save for the Blackpool Combat Club and confront AEW Interim World Champion Jon Moxley.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has provided an update with the backstage details behind the return, noting that the working plan is for a title unification match at AEW All Out between Punk and Moxley.
The report notes that the internal hope is that CM Punk would be back and ready to go for the AEW All Out event.
There was a restricted backstage area at last night’s Dynamite Quake By The Lake, which now most assume was related to Punk’s return.
The news was kept away from staff and most of the roster, including some of the people who were involved in the post-main event brawl.
Punk also personally played the news close to the vest. It is also noted that the company didn’t want to bring him back too soon nor wanted to put his recovery behind schedule at an inconvenience.
We will have further update on CM Punk’s return when they become available.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- WWE ‘Very Worried’ About Upcoming SmackDown
- Triple H Makes Change To Gunther’s Ring Name?
- AEW Dark: Elevation Spoilers For October 3 Revealed
- Changes To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian Revealed
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For September 30, 2022
- ‘National Scissoring Day’ Celebration Set For October 5 AEW Dynamite
- Huge Stipulation Match Added To WWE Extreme Rules
- Malakai Black Shows Off Incredible New Head Tattoo (PHOTO)
- MJF Match Announced For October 5 AEW Dynamite
- Juice Robinson Makes AEW In-Ring Debut