Backstage details have emerged regarding AEW’s Bryan Danielson, Chris Jericho and Paul Wight appearing on WWE Raw last night.
The three AEW names joined a whole host of WWE legends who recorded videos to congratulate John Cena as part of his 20-year celebration.
Obviously people have wondered about what the process of getting AEW stars onto WWE TV was like, and Fightful Select has provided the answer.
Fightful reports that the process was actually “very straightforward”.
Once the idea to have those names was pitched, AEW President Tony Khan was approached and he approved it.
A WWE source stated that the company was able to land “virtually everyone” they wanted for the videos.
Of course this isn’t the first time AEW names have appeared on WWE programming, with a number having appeared on documentaries previously, and most notably Chris Jericho’s appearance on the Broken Skull Sessions with Stone Cold Steve Austin.
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- Graphic Photo Of Becky Lynch Injury After NXT No Mercy 2023
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Edge ‘Too Loyal To WWE’ For AEW Debut Says Hall Of Famer
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- Carmelo Hayes Addresses NXT Championship Loss At No Mercy 2023
- WWE Faction Officially Breaking Up
- NXT No Mercy Opening Match Revealed