Backstage details have emerged regarding AEW’s Bryan Danielson, Chris Jericho and Paul Wight appearing on WWE Raw last night.
The three AEW names joined a whole host of WWE legends who recorded videos to congratulate John Cena as part of his 20-year celebration.
Obviously people have wondered about what the process of getting AEW stars onto WWE TV was like, and Fightful Select has provided the answer.
Fightful reports that the process was actually “very straightforward”.
Once the idea to have those names was pitched, AEW President Tony Khan was approached and he approved it.
A WWE source stated that the company was able to land “virtually everyone” they wanted for the videos.
Of course this isn’t the first time AEW names have appeared on WWE programming, with a number having appeared on documentaries previously, and most notably Chris Jericho’s appearance on the Broken Skull Sessions with Stone Cold Steve Austin.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- Roman Reigns Status For WWE Extreme Rules Revealed
- More Released WWE Stars Returning On SmackDown, New WWE Couple Dating, Bray Wyatt Return Plans – News Bulletin – August 12, 2022
- Kayla Braxton Transitioning To WWE Commentator Role?
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Another Big Sign NXT’s Santos Escobar Is Heading To Main Roster
- Update On Major AEW Stars’ Contract Lengths
- Another WWE Star Expected To Get Old Name Back
- Match Results From WWE WrestleMania 39 Launch Party
- Road Dogg Had ‘Serious Arguments’ With Vince McMahon About AJ Styles