When ROH announced its hiatus in October, Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful reported that the releases come into effect at the end of the year, with talents who had deals beyond January 1, 2022 given the option to extend (and get paid) until March 31, 2022.
Bodyslam.net has confirmed that Shane Taylor, Danhausen, Silas Young and current ROH World Champion Jonathan Gresham will see their ROH contracts expiring at the end of 2021.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has since reported that Mike Bennett, Beer City Bruiser, Josh Woods, Rhett Titus, and Brian Milonas will also be free agents come 2022.
World Famous CB (aka Cheeseburger) is reportedly already a free agent, as his exclusive paid-per-appearance deal had previously expired.
ROH reportedly intends to focus on showcasing non-contracted stars after the brand returns from its hiatus.
ROH plans to return with a Supercard of Honor show in April, with many sources stating that there is already a venue booked for the potential event. ROH COO Joe Koff has teased ‘really nice things’ for the promotion’s reboot.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25
- Real Reason Top Star Missed AEW Dynamite
- Big Update On Stone Cold Steve Austin WrestleMania 39 Plans?
- WWE Star Responds To Standout AEW Dynamite Performance
- Top WWE Star Says Doctors ‘Aren’t Letting Them Compete’
- Naomi Confirms WWE Departure?
- Rumor Killer On WWE Offering Insane Money To Internet Star