Ever since WWE introduced the Women’s Tag Team Championship back in 2019, discussion has been taking place about what other new women’s championships could be added to the company.
The inaugural Women’s Tag Team Champions were Sasha Banks and Bayley, winning the titles in the Elimination Chamber match that year, with Bayley and Sasha being two of the biggest advocates for the titles being introduced to the company.
Bayley now leads the current Women’s Tag Team Champions, Dakota Kai and IYO SKY of Damage CTRL, who won the titles Aliyah and Raquel Rodriguez back in September.
Bayley recently spoke with SportsKeeda, where she discussed the potential of WWE introducing a new midcard championship for the women.
“I mean, it wouldn’t hurt. It would be nice to have another title. I think it’s just going to take time. When we wanted those Women’s Tag Team Titles, it took a long time, and it took someone actually fighting for them. If that’s what we want, someone has to stand up for it and really fight for it and prove that it’s going to be a benefit for the division.”
Bayley is set to challenge Bianca Belair for the Raw Women’s Championship in a Last Woman Standing match at the upcoming WWE Crown Jewel event in Saudi Arabia on November 5.
transcription via WrestlingNews.co
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- Spoiler On WWE Star Set To ‘Shine’ On March 20 Raw