Former Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch and WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus have been throwing jabs back and forth over social media in recent months, which has led to speculation that a dream match between the two could be brewing.
Lynch recently spoke about a potential match with Stratus with Drew Garabo on Featured Cut of the Day, where she said that she is ‘ready’ for a match with Trish.
“If Trish Stratus wants to go, I am ready to go. But I think she should know that I destroyed her bestie. Her bestie, who I loved, who was my hero, who was my idol. I wasn’t a Trish Stratus fan, so just imagine what I will do to her.”
Becky continued on, discussing her match with Lita from the Elimination Chamber event in Saudi Arabia in February, and what it meant to her.
“I mean look, when you think about it, she’s one of the women I could point to and say, ‘I want to be like her.’ She was ballsy, she was fiery, she was doing stuff that I had never seen other women do, and I loved that about her. To get to be in the ring against your childhood hero, very, very rarely does that happen. So, it was not wasted on me, only the fact that she came for my title right before WrestleMania, and I had to destroy her, clouded my vision of it. But it was an experience that I’ll cherish for the rest of my life.”
Lynch made her first appearance on Raw since WrestleMania 38 on this week’s show, when she was confronted by a returning Asuka.
transcription via Wrestling Inc
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- AEW Backstage Reaction To Malakai Black & Buddy Matthews Departures Revealed
- Candice LeRae Makes WWE Return On WWE Raw
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Latest White Rabbit Code Links To Mysterious Tik Tok Video
- Major Hint That ‘White Rabbit’ Could Be Malakai Black?
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- Trish Stratus Teases ‘Secret’ WWE Project
- Changes Coming Soon To AEW Television?
- Update On Swerve Strickland & Keith Lee Being Contacted By WWE