AEW has been touted as the next ‘competitor’ to WWE since it’s inception back in 2019, with many stars like Adam Cole, Bryan Danielson and Malakai Black jumping from WWE to Tony Khan’s promotion.
Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch recently spoke to Ariel Helwani on the MMA hour, where she was asked if she watched any wrestling outside of WWE.
“I watch everything. Competition is great. It’s great for the creative because I think it drives everybody. I think Vince McMahon works incredibly well when he’s pushed by competition. I think for the stars it gives options. If you don’t like vanilla, you can go with chocolate. If you don’t like strawberries, you can go with butterscotch. There’s options for fans, for wrestlers, and yeah it’s great.”
Becky was then asked about AEW, and whether she views them as competition to WWE. Becky responded:
“I consider them the alternative. Their product is different than our product. We offer a different product than they do.”
Becky also spoke about her backstage altercation with Charlotte Flair to Helwani, explaining why she ‘verbally lost it’ at the SmackDown Women’s Champion.
transcription via WrestlingNews.co
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match
- WWE SmackDown Segment’s Staggering Numbers Smash Social Media Records