Back in October, an episode of Friday Night SmackDown was moved off FOX and onto FS1 due to the World Series, and this may be something that happens against with an episode of SmackDown this month.
On the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that the December 18 episode of SmackDown may be moved off FOX and onto FS1 due to the PAC-12 Football Championship Game.
The game is expected to take place on either Friday or Saturday evening. If it takes place on Friday, SmackDown may have to be moved to FS1. However, if it takes place on Saturday, then SmackDown can take place as usual.
The timing isn’t great for WWE, as the December 18 episode of Friday Night SmackDown is the go-home episode for TLC on Sunday 20, which is the final WWE pay-per-view of the year.
For context, the FS1 SmackDown show in October drew over 1 million fewer viewers on FS1 than Friday Night SmackDown would expect to usually draw on FOX, and this obviously isn’t ideal for a go-home show.
For any potential updates on how this situation is going to play out, make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match
- WWE Star To Make In-Ring Debut Soon