Former WWE Women’s Champion Melina made her return to the company as a part of the 2022 women’s Royal Rumble match, where she entered at number two before being quickly eliminated by Sasha Banks.
During a recent episode of his Hall of Fame podcast, WWE Hall of Famer Booker T was asked by a fan about why Melina is not given more respect by the company like other women from her era.
Booker described being in a locker room with Melina during her day, claiming that the former women’s champion was ‘hell to deal with’.
“As far as Melina goes, I really like Melina now; I did not like Melina in her day. No one did. She was one of those that owned it, she wanted to be the best in the ring and hell to deal with in the locker room. I think she would attest to that, perhaps, these days. I don’t think that’s why she doesn’t get much love or anything like that, maybe it was the departure of Melina, more than anything. I’ve always said, as far as talent goes, there was nobody better than Melina. But, Melina – like I said, nothing bad about Melina – she was controversial. She was very controversial when she was in WWE and none of it had to do with her in-ring prowess or anything like that.”
transcription via Sportskeeda
- Scrapped Pitch For Sting AEW Retirement Revealed
- Bayley Reacts To Dakota Kai & Damage CTRL WWE Betrayal
- Potential WWE Signing Recalls Conversations With Shawn Michaels
- WWE Star Praises AEW’s Sting For Going Out On His Own Terms
- AEW Star Contract Expiry Update
- AEW Star Set For Return Match Against Brother
- Details On WWE Star’s Role In Upcoming Movie
- Cody Rhodes Sends Message To Sting Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement
- Sting’s Son Shares Emotional Message Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement Match
- Former AEW Star’s WWE Return Match Announced