Keith Lee has not been seen on WWE TV since February, and there are a lot of answered questions right now about why exactly the former NXT Champion has not been seen for coming up to five months.
Speaking about Keith Lee on his Hall of Fame podcast, Booker T stated that he thinks the former NXT star was going to be in the position that Bobby Lashley is in right now before he was taken off TV:
“He’s definitely a guy that’s on my radar because he was a guy that was making a lot of noise. He’s a guy that was touted to be, you know, a guy that was going to make some ‘major moves’ in the WWE – in that title picture. Bobby Lashley picked up the slack pretty much… came in and took the reins and took off, you know, got the rocket on his back and took off straight to the moon. But, for a second there, that was a spot Keith Lee was about to step right in to, and all of a sudden it was all shut down like that.”
While details about what’s happening with Keith Lee may be limited right now, it was reported that his absence is down to health issues, so we’d all like to extend our best wishes to Keith Lee at this time. We all hope he’s doing okay.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
Thanks to Ringside News for the transcription.
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- Hilarious Guess From WWE Week On Wheel Of Fortune [VIDEO]
- AEW Star Shares Future Plans After Announcing Departure From Company