A top AEW star has discussed criticism received in the wrestling field and beyond.
Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. has been one of the top stars in All Elite Wrestling since being the first female to sign with the company back in 2019. The former AEW Women’s World Champion has not only gained success inside the wrestling ring, but she has her own practice in the dental field as well.
In a recent interview with WhatCulture, Baker discussed the criticism she has received in the wrestling and dental fields. She said:
“You don’t have to stay in one lane and commit. We got merging lanes!”
“I got [criticism] from both sides. In professional wrestling, it was weird that I was a dental student, that I wasn’t just professional wrestling only and living, eating, sleeping, breathing wrestling.”
“But also in dental school, I was the weirdo, I was ‘the outcast’ because I wasn’t just doing dentistry and sleeping in a library, so I really got it from both sides, but it kept me stubborn and headstrong.”
Baker teamed up with Adam Cole to defeat Saraya and Chris Jericho in a mixed tag team match on the May 31 episode of AEW Dynamite.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Tiffany Stratton Reveals Why WWE Won’t Allow Her To Use ‘Barbie’ Nickname
- Tony Khan Doubles Down On WrestleDream 2023 Marking A ‘New Era In AEW’