Bushiroad owner Takaaki Kidani has now commented on Mercedes Mone wrestling in Japan, noting that he’s very grateful for her.
Since walking out on WWE in May 2022, Mone has only wrestled for NJPW and STARDOM, both companies owned by Bushiroad.
After making her NJPW debut at Wrestle Kingdom 17 in January, she stepped into the ring for the first time for the promotion at the following month’s Battle in the Valley event, where she defeated KAIRI for the IWGP Women’s Title.
Mone dropped the gold to Mayu Iwatani at Sunday’s (April 23) STARDOM All Star Grand Queendom show.
When speaking with Kakutolog, Takaaki Kidani was asked about Mercedes Mone creating a buzz for STARDOM.
“Yes, I am very grateful to her. She is very easy to talk to. I hope that she will continue to be involved in whatever she does.
“She seems to be very fond of Japan. She stayed in Japan for quite a long period of time this time as well.
“I think the IWGP women’s division has become more “prestigious” (due in part to Mone’s involvement).”
Mone has now teased creating a new faction with two AEW regulars, which you can read more about right here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans