Christian had not wrestled a proper match since March of 2014. He was forced into retirement due to injury before making a triumphant return at the Royal Rumble this year.
Now, Christian has opened up about when he found out that he would be making his return. Things happened in quick fashion, as he found out just two days beforehand. Here is the quote from his appearance on The Bump, courtesy of Wrestlinc Inc.:
“I found out at 7:30 on Friday night. Yeah. It was kind of a whirlwind from there. I was nervous when I got the call. I was like, ‘Where’s my gear? Where’re my tights and my boots?’ Once I pieced those things together, there was no time to think. There was so much I had to do to prepare for Saturday before going to the arena on Sunday. For not stepping into the ring for seven years, there were no nerves. I was like, ‘This is what I was born to do.’”
Christian and Edge shared an embrace during the match as this was the first time the two had competed together in nearly ten years.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- NXT Star Makes Main Roster Debut
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show