CM Punk was once again involved in a memorable mic battle in AEW, this time with MJF on tonight’s Dynamite.
Punk came out to open tonight’s show in his hometown of Chicago, but instead of being greeted by his opponent QT Marshall, it was MJF who joined him in the ring after their brief face-off last week.
MJF took a dig at CM Punk’s short-lived UFC career, which Punk responded to by saying he thought MJF stood for ‘My Jealous Fan’. This was seemingly a reference to a photo that often does the rounds on social media of a young MJF with Punk a number of years ago.
MJF then said Punk has always been second best throughout his career, whether that be the to “the ‘you can’t see me’ man” (John Cena), or the “king of kings” (Triple H).
Punk then brought up a WWE star himself, saying MJF is just “a less famous Miz”. Punk also said that MJF has been replaced in AEW’s ‘four pillars’ by Britt Baker.
He then accused MJF of waiting for Tony Khan to have a daughter so that he can marry her, before challenging him to a fight, which MJF walked away from.
CM Punk then beat his scheduled opponent QT Marshall in a competitive match.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed