CM Punk is known for a savage Twitter game but don’t neglect his Instagram either because Punk might just drop some wrestling history on you!
Taking to his IG Stories to share a pic of Hulk Hogan and Sargeant Slaughter from WrestleMania 7, CM Punk wrote:
“Another bomb threat, smh”
Wrestling historians will recall WWE moving WrestleMania 7 from the LA Coliseum to a smaller venue, the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.
At the time, Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted that WWE claimed they were forced to move buildings after bomb threats however with low ticket sales seemed to actually be to blame as the 1991 event was unable to sell out the smaller arena.
The event was originally set to take place at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, but it has now been moved to the MGM Grand Arena.
The belief is that WWE was disappointed in the ticket sales for the show and thus made the decision to move to a smaller venue.
CM Punk making fun of WWE moving out of the stadium and into a smaller venue for MITB. When this happened in 1991 for WrestleMania VII, WWE said the move to the smaller building was because of bomb threats. pic.twitter.com/48mdO7Ra85
— Wrestling News (@WrestlingNewsCo) May 27, 2022
- Another AEW Star Clears Twitter Amid Contract Expiry Speculation
- Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson & Paul Wight Appear On WWE Raw
- Backstage Details On AEW Stars Appearing On Raw, Jon Moxley Injury Update, Vince McMahon Allegations – Audio News Bulletin – June 28, 2022
- Fans Speculate AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired Following Cryptic Tweet
- Kevin Owens Misses WWE Raw Due To ‘Minor Situation’
- Luke Owen Reviews WWE Raw – June 27, 2022
- AEW Star Jake Atlas Domestic Violence Case Dropped
- Cody Rhodes Appears On June 27 WWE Raw
- Latest On Sasha Banks & Naomi WWE Statuses
- John Cena Says He Doesn’t Know When His Next Match Is During Raw Return