Corey Graves has been an announcer for WWE since 2014, after a series of concussions ended his in-ring career earlier that year. Graves was a former NXT Tag Team Champion during his in-ring days.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Graves has now been cleared to return to the ring, at least in some capacity. Fightful reports that Graves was actually cleared by WWE back in 2020, but this has not been confirmed to them by WWE, and is just discussion backstage in the company.
Graves briefly captured the WWE 24/7 Championship last year after being on a strict ‘no contact’ list kept by the company, but he is not on that list any more.
Fightful has heard of several internal pitches that have been made, though it is not known if they’re from creative of Graves himself, but none have made it through that they have heard.
Fightful has heard from one person near creative who was not made aware of the situation, but noted that Graves is in fact off the ‘no contact’ list that at one time included names like Paige and Scott Hall, who were both on the list in 2019, and generally if that happens, they’ve been cleared.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?