Some details have emerged regarding Junior Dos Santos and his training ahead of his AEW debut which took place this past Friday.
Junior Dos Santos teamed with the Men of the Year in a win over Chris Jericho, Jake Hager and Sammy Guevara, in a match that saw Hager put Dos Santos through a table at ringside.
Via F4WOnline, Jericho said that Dos Santos was a “natural” and didn’t need much training.
They apparently only trained with him for one hour on Friday ahead of their match and that was enough.
It was also noted by Dave Meltzer that using American Top Team as a heel group with Dan Lambert at the helm was a Tony Khan idea.
We’re likely to be getting either Scorpio Sky or Ethan Page challenging Sammy Guevara for the TNT Title some time soon, followed by a big Inner Circle vs ATT 10-man tag at Full Gear.
Dos Santos got himself in the good books of AEW fans after the match, as he called out Roman Reigns following Reigns’ criticism of the promotion.
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Brandi Rhodes Spotted Backstage At WWE SmackDown
- Scorpio Sky Reveals New TNT Championship Belt On AEW Rampage
- Scrapped Idea For Matt Hardy To Lead An NXT Faction
- Kevin Owens Announced For Tonight’s SmackDown
- Update On Vince McMahon’s Plans For Max Dupri On WWE Main Roster
- NXT UK Star Charlie Dempsey Announced For PROGRESS Super Strong Style 16 Tournament
- Veteran Announce Team To Reunite For Ric Flair’s Last Match