Some details have emerged regarding Junior Dos Santos and his training ahead of his AEW debut which took place this past Friday.
Junior Dos Santos teamed with the Men of the Year in a win over Chris Jericho, Jake Hager and Sammy Guevara, in a match that saw Hager put Dos Santos through a table at ringside.
Via F4WOnline, Jericho said that Dos Santos was a “natural” and didn’t need much training.
They apparently only trained with him for one hour on Friday ahead of their match and that was enough.
It was also noted by Dave Meltzer that using American Top Team as a heel group with Dan Lambert at the helm was a Tony Khan idea.
We’re likely to be getting either Scorpio Sky or Ethan Page challenging Sammy Guevara for the TNT Title some time soon, followed by a big Inner Circle vs ATT 10-man tag at Full Gear.
Dos Santos got himself in the good books of AEW fans after the match, as he called out Roman Reigns following Reigns’ criticism of the promotion.
- Former WWE Star Considering Return As Transgender Wrestler?
- WWE In Talks With Potential Big Signing
- Seth Rollins Opens Up On Issues With CM Punk & Whether He’d Work With Him
- AEW Star Reacts To Claims He’s Been Fined For His Conduct
- WWE Debuting New Show Update
- Popular Star Discussed For WWE Main Roster Call-Up
- Randy Orton Tag Team Match Announced For WWE SmackDown
- Top WWE Star Considering ‘A Number Of Things’ Ahead Of Contract Expiring
- Tony Khan Criticized Backstage Over ‘Shock’ AEW Firing
- WWE ‘Very High’ On Rising Star’s Progress